The West Virginia women’s soccer team will welcome the Texas Tech Red Raiders to Morgantown on Thursday night. 

The Mountaineers will be looking to win their second straight conference match.

West Virginia (7-4-1, 2-1 Big 12) stunned conference-leading Texas on Sunday in overtime, 2-1, after sophomore Addison Clark scored the game-winning goal in the 103rd minute.

Texas Tech (10-1-1, 2-0-1) last played on Thursday when it defeated Iowa State, 1-0, in overtime.

WVU head coach Nikki Izzo-Brown was very pleased with how her team fought on Sunday and is extremely proud of the work ethic of a team that has faced so much adversity this season.

“We faced so much adversity up until this point, so for us to come out and win, this game is huge," Izzo-Brown said. "I haven't been prouder of a team.”

Head-to-head, the Mountaineers have the advantage as West Virginia is 5-1-1 overall in the regular season against the Red Raiders. WVU has not lost to Texas Tech in the regular season since 2013. 

The Mountaineers have faced Texas Tech three times in the Big 12 Conference tournament, winning twice. The lone loss came in the 2015 tournament when the No. 18 Red Raiders defeated West Virginia, 1-0. 

Freshman Julianne Vallerand has not played since Sep. 15 against Georgetown. Despite not having their leading scorer, the Mountaineers have had important contributions from across the roster. 

Sophomore forward Alina Stahl has scored twice since Vallerand last played. Lizzie Mayfield, Jordan Brewster, and Enzi Broussard have all scored their first goal of the season as well. WVU has gone 4-1 since the defeat at Georgetown and it has outscored its opponents 10-5 in that span. 

Thursday’s match begins a three-game homestand for WVU as it hosts Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma over the next two weeks. It will begin at 7 p.m. at Dick Dlesk Soccer Stadium in Morgantown.