WVU-Pitt hockey

Feb. 17, 2017; Vincent Fornes scores the second goal of the game against arch-rival Pitt at the Morgantown Ice Arena

The schedule for the West Virginia University club hockey team was released on Wednesday.

The Mountaineers finished 13-18 (6-8 CHMA) last season and missed the ACHA Tournament for the third straight year.

The schedule includes 13 home games with a possible 14th to be added soon, as Sep. 17's game against Cincinnati will either be played at Morgantown Ice Arena or the South Charleston Memorial Ice Arena.

The Backyard Brawl on Ice will take place on Fri., Oct. 27 at Pitt and Sat., Oct. 28 in Morgantown.

Morgantown Ice Arena

The WVU Hockey team plays in BOPARC's Morgantown Ice Arena, about a five minute drive from the downtown campus

On the weekend of Nov. 10-12, West Virginia will take a three-game road stretch in the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia, to play Villanova, Penn State-Berks and William Paterson University.

The Mountaineers' final game of the season will be on Fri., Feb. 2 against CHMA-foe Slippery Rock.

West Virginia will open the season with a two game series against Towson at the Morgantown Ice Arena on Fri., Sep. 15 at 7 p.m. and Sat., Sep. 16 at 4 p.m.

In addition to being a sports writer for the DA, John is a freelance reporter for the Associated Press and the Dominion Post. John is also a writer and editor at the Smoking Musket (WVU's SB Nation community).

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.