In anticipation of this upcoming Saturday’s season-opening matchup with James Madison, the West Virginia football team released their week one depth chart on Monday. 

While redshirt junior Austin Kendall was announced as the starting quarterback last week, redshirt junior Jack Allison was named the backup while redshirt freshman Trey Lowe III was named to the third string role.

In the backfield, senior Kennedy McKoy will be the starter, followed by Martell Pettaway on the second team offense. Leddie Brown and Alec Sinkfield were both listed as third string running backs. Logan Thimons will start at fullback, followed by Jackson Knipper as the backup.

Lining up at wide receiver will be Sean Ryan, Tevin Bush and Sam James, with TJ Simmons in the slot. Mike O’Laughlin will start at tight end.

On the offensive line, the starting five is as follows: Colton McKivitz at left tackle, Michael Brown at left guard, Josh Sills at center, John Hughes or Chase Behrndt at right guard and Kelby Wickline at right tackle. 

Reese Donahue will receive the start at defensive tackle, playing alongside Darius Stills at the nose tackle position. The defensive end position is a bit more vague as Jeffrey Pooler Jr., Taijh Alston or Reuben Jones will be on the first team.

Within the linebacking corps, redshirt senior Quondarius Qualls will receive the start at the Bandit position, while sophomore Josh Chandler will start at the Will linebacker position. Dylan Tonkery is the man at middle linebacker while JoVanni Stewart will start at the Spear position.

Starters at the cornerback position are Hakeem Bailey and Keith Washington Jr. Among the safeties, Josh Norwood and Sean Mahone will start.