The West Virginia University rifle team is back in action this weekend against Ole Miss.

WVU is now ranked No. 2 nationally, sitting only behind TCU. The rankings are based on team scores over the weekend, and TCU beat out WVU by two points for the second spot in the nation.

West Virginia has put together a good start to the season, earning a 3-0 record and beating some nationally ranked teams, including Ohio State and NC State.

The team has been lead by junior Ginny Thrasher, sophomore Milic Babic, senior Elizabeth Gratz, redshirt freshman David Koenders and sophomore Morgan Phillips. These five shooters have made up the Mountaineers score in each of the three matches this season.

"I was pleased with how they stuck to their tasks and stuck to their jobs on a mental aspect," said WVU head coach Jon Hammond after last weekend’s victory over Nebraska. "They did a good job with that. They are shooting at such high levels with small margins of error."

The Ole Miss Rebels are 3-0 on the season, with wins over NC State, Army and Akron. Ole Miss junior Haley Gardner led the Rebels in smallbore for the third match in a row, shooting a 578. Against Akron, they shot a 2356 in air rifle, which ties the school record for third place. Kamila Kisch shot a 592, which tied her personal best score.

This match will prove to be yet another tough match for the Mountaineers. The action gets underway at 8 a.m. Saturday at the WVU Rifle Range.