West Virginia suffered their third straight home loss when they took on the No. 4 Texas Longhorns on Saturday at the WVU Coliseum.

In the first set, Texas scored the first two. However, WVU responded by scoring the next four.  After the score was tied at five, Texas went on a roll.  

The Longhorns would take a 15-7 lead to force a WVU timeout but wouldn’t slow down and won the set by a score of 25-13.

In the second set, the score would stay close. After being tied at 15, Texas would go on a set deciding run, finishing with a 25-17 set win.  

Neither team would open up a lead larger than two until Texas took an 18-15 lead.

In the third set, the Mountaineers would get off to a good start, going up 8-4 and forcing a Texas timeout.  

After a comeback from the Longhorns, West Virginia, trailing 16-13, would go on a run and take an 18-17 lead.  

Late in the set, WVU would hold a 24-23 lead but couldn’t hold on.  Texas would take the final three points and win the set, 26-24.

“We just gotta be smarter,” West Virginia head coach Reed Sunahara said.  “We gotta be smarter at what we do. Whether it’s from a blocking standpoint (or) a hitting standpoint."

Offensively, senior Katelyn Evans led WVU with 14 kills for the match.  She was followed by junior Briana Lynch with nine.

On defense, the Mountaineers were led by junior Alexa Hasting with 14 digs.  Sophomore Keatan Broughton contributed with eight.

After one game at home, West Virginia will head back on the road to face TCU on Thursday at 8 p.m.