Welcome!This page is designed for DA staff as a resource for information you'll need while working with us. Below you'll find information on guidelines and procedures, as well as useful information and tips on reporting and day-to-day operations. We highly encourage you to look over this information. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on these pages has been updated for Spring 2021. Any changes will be conveyed to the staff as needed.
Daily Athenaeum MissionMore than 130 years old, the Daily Athenaeum is WVU’s award-winning independent student-run newspaper and website. Its mission is three-fold:
- To provide accurate and unbiased coverage of the WVU and Morgantown communities.
- To help students hone the skills they learn in journalism, marketing and business classes so they are prepared for jobs and internships.
- To create an inclusive and supportive community for students.
To do this, student leaders are committed to the following:
- Learning and leading innovative digital storytelling techniques and social media skills to inform and engage readers.
- Understand and embody the ethical best practices in the DA ethics policy.
- Bring in new staff and encourage and support existing staff.
- Seek new ways to increase readership and provide content that meets the needs of readers.
Follow Us on SocialAs a staff member of the DA, you can help us spread the word about our great content by liking, following, and sharing our social media. Click the icons below to follow our various social media accounts.
Required Staff Information
- Welcome and working for the DA
- Request BLOX access This is how you will access TownNews and get your byline set up
- Ethical Standards
- Pandemic & Protest Guidelines
- Advertising Policy
- Social Media Policy (Print & Sign)
DA Stylebook and Guides
- DA STYLEBOOK
Everything you need for correct DA and AP styling and grammar
- Designer's Guide
This is our layout guide for the DA print product
- Writing in Blox Guide
For reporters and editors on how to write and edit in our CMS
- Podcasting Best Practices
Before you record, read this
- Digital First Best Practices
A handy guide for writing for a digital audience
- San Francisco State Diversity Style Guide
A compilation of diversity guidelines from across the media landscape that promotes accuracy, authority and sensitivity in diversity coverage
- 14 Tips for Writing a Story
- Tips for Rookie Reporters
- Guide for Using Online Photos
- WVU Guidance for Video Filming During the Pandemic
- Corrections and Clarifications
- Legal Guidelines on Content